Commissionaires is Canada’s premier security provider, offering a unique combination of integrity, experience and innovation. We have protected people and property for public and private sector clients since 1927. Our news section is intended to provide information about Commissionaires, its people and clients. You will find a listing of our recent news releases and recently published news articles here.
For media inquiries, please contact:
- Commissionaires BC is British Columbia’s premium security organization, with a team of more than 1,250 professionals covering more territory in BC than any other security company. Commissionaires BC is one of 16 independently operated divisions located across Canada. This reach enables Commissionaires to respond to security-related needs in more than 1,200 communities in every province and territory across Canada.
- Commissionaires’ was formed to provide meaningful employment opportunities for former members of the Canadian Forces and RCMP, and other like-minded citizens who share a passion to contribute to the security and well-being of Canadians. We offer a unique blend of youthful energy and seasoned judgment enriched by the high proportion of military and RCMP ex-members in our ranks.
- In 2012 Commissionaires BC amended its purpose to: everything it does to protect community and country supports those who serve and have served. Still focused on providing meaningful employment for former members of the Canadian Forces and RCMP, additionally intend to donate time, money and services to organizations that support those who serve, such as Equitas Society.
- Commissionaires’ 16 independent divisions employ a total of 20,000 commissionaires across the country. Our employee retention rate is by far the highest in the private security industry, which ensures a consistent, reliable and stable security presence at hundreds of client sites.
- Commissionaires’ strength is rooted in our security guarding services, where we emphasize prevention and defusing conflict. Governments and police trust us to carry out bylaw enforcement and non-core policing services. Commissionaires’ identification services feature digital fingerprinting for fast turnaround from the RCMP and a board range of related identification services.
- Commissionaires BC meets—or exceeds—various international, national and provincial standards, (e.g., ISO 9001:2008, Canadian General Standards Board, provincial licensing and training standards).
SERVICES AND SOLUTIONS
Guarding by highly trained, licensed commissionaires to protect people, property and information and expertly led and managed by highly qualified managers (many CPP™ accredited).
Providing professional services, such as bylaw, parking and jail custodial services to municipalities, police detachments and provincial government.
Delivering complete identification services, including criminal background checks, digital fingerprinting, pardons / record suspensions, US entry waivers and security guard licensing.
- Commercial enterprises large & small
- Provincial, federal and municipal government facilities
- Police forces, law enforcement agencies & courts
- Detention centres & halfway houses
- Ports, airports & harbours
- RCMP & police detachments
- Educational institutions (schools, colleges & universities)
- Hospitals, banks, museums & art galleries
- National infrastructure & border crossings
- Offices & factories
- Oil & gas refineries
- Residential developments
- The Canadian Corps of Commissionaires was established nationally in 1925 and the British Columbia Corps of Commissionaires (Commissionaires BC) was established in 1927
- Private, not-for-profit organization
- Revenues exceed $500M per annum nationally
- Provides employment for former military, police and other qualified individuals of all ages
- Commissionaires provides complete security solutions to small, medium and large organizations across BC and in every province of Canada
- Commissionaires BC is one of 16 independent Canadian Commissionaires’ divisions
- Commissionaires is ISO 9001:2008 registered
- Employee retention rate is second to none